Sunday, March 15, 2009

You've Got Mail

Have you ever received a call, checked caller ID, and let your phone go to voicemail because you didn't have time to chat with "THAT" person right now? Wow, harsh words right? But that is how complex our lives have become in this day of technology. I'm always finding myself in a rush. In a rush to get ready, in a rush to get to work, in a rush to check email and voicemail, in a rush...in a rush...in a rush. In our daily rush, we forget to take a moment to be still and ask God "What do you have in store for us today". Something very simple and would make our day flow so much smoother, but for some reason we think that we know best - we know what we need to do to get the job done.

I confess that I had a reality check this week. As I got my phone calls of inconvenience, I would let them go to voicemail not once but multiple times this week. One from a friend who wanted to chat onto another one who cried out in desperation. I passed by God's first call with "I will call her back later" to end the week with "Lord help me, I don't know what to do". In that moment, God was knocking on the door to my heart asking to come in - we need to have a chat. I hate that it takes such extremities to get my attention. God is constantly bringing people our way that needs an encouraging word, an ear to listen, or a warm embrace. If we focus on what our plans/agendas are then we are missing out on God's missions for us and unfortunately we then become the people that we are trying to reach. We become broken and torn down without Gods mercy, love, and direction. The challenge I give you today is this: Will you take a moment? Will you allow God to work through you to make an impact? Will you reach out to that person and let them know that they are not alone? Will you rest in him?




"Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. 'I am willing' he said." Luke 5:13

2 comments:

  1. OH girl.... you don't even know... I have so been here. And it truly IS amazing how God comes knocking on the door of our hearts, grabbing our much needed attention. I can SO identify!
    Girl, I didn't know you followed my blog!!!! You've never stopped in to say hello? Tsk. Tsk. I'm ONLY kidding... ;) But I need to add you to my list! :)
    Hugs!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a challenging and encouraging post! I didn't know you guys had a blog. Thanks for sharing this great post! Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete