Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Step of Faith

At the beginning of this year, the Lord moved me into a new chapter of my life, which truthfully I was grateful for. I was ready to move forward, to write off 2010 as an experience that I was thankful for, but hopefully not one that would need to be repeated. In 2010, the Lord grew and challenged me in ways that were not only painful but a real eye opener to my faith, character, and where I stood before the Lord. Not only did last year bring me closer to the Lord but it also prepared me for the journey I'm on now with him.
That's the funny thing about God. You ask him to "grow my relationship with you Lord" and "allow me to be dependant upon you God". And that's what he does...but very seldom is it the way you want or expected it. Only God knows what will truly light a fire under our feet, refine our rough spots, and move us closer to his goodness and it's usually not our safe/toddler proof route. God's GPS is divine, without flaw, maps out our destination without a hiccup or wrong turn, and is always on time.
Are you allowing God to map out your route even though there are a lot of turns and narrow cliff dropping spots? Or are you playing it safe, staying in your neighborhood, sticking close to home hoping to wait out the storm? I promise you one thing, you photo bucket with God will always be a much more glorifying display than any "playing it safe" Wal-Mart collage. Simply said, it's up to you. Are you buckling up and coming with us or staying home worrying about whats to come? Allow your faith to take that next step.
2 Peter 1:3-9

1 comment:

  1. Well said Whit! God allows has a plan in our sufferings in our realationship with Him. He uses all things for good for those who are called according to his purpose. Certainly you recogniize that, so half the battle is won there! Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing going along on your journey.

    ReplyDelete